The Sun HPC Consortium Portland was held in conjunction with SC09 in Portland, Oregon. The Sun High Performance Computing Consortium (SHPCC) is an independent, volunteer-organized, international group of member organizations that own or use Sun computer systems with emphasis on high-performance, technical computing, and visualization.
SHPCC’s mission is to provide the high performance computing community with leadership and provide a forum for information exchange to enable the development and effective use of Sun computational tools in achieving the business and research objectives of member organizations.
The presentations are available online on Sun’s website. Here is a list of interesting presentations:
* HPC Trends, Challenges, and Virtualization
* Achieving Optimal Performance with Nehalem
* Capitalizing on Chip Multi Processing
* SSD performance
* NVIDIA’s new Fermi Architecture for HPC computing
* Intel: Technologies and Platforms Addressing HPC Challenges